Thursday, March 12, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission...

One year ago today, Dustin, my younger brother left on his mission. He is in the Rapid City, South Dakota mission. The mission takes in part of seven states. He has been serving mostly in Minnesota, but is now in Brookings, South Dakota. They have terribly cold winters and he is glad to report that it is "warm" now, as it was 35 degrees yesterday. He was tracting at like 20 below zero for a few weeks. He said he looked like a burnt marshmallow after he put all of his layers on. After reading his letters it is apparent that he has grown so much. He sent pictures recently, which he was quite proud of, of himself in Walnut Grove. I swear every member of my family has seen every episode of "Little House on the Prarie" more than once. My mom used to watch it every morning. She now has the entire series on DVD. Dustin was happy to brag about being there before my mom. Let me tell you, he is still just as goofy as ever.


We are all so proud of Dustin for setting such a good example to our family. Ezra looks up to his uncle so much. He prays for him at every prayer. He also talks about going on a mission already, like it is just something you do, not something you wonder if you will do.


We miss Dustin like crazy, but he is doing the Lord's work and know that he and all of our family are being blessed for his service.


You are halfway finished Duddy! One year down, one to go... We miss and love you and will see you in 12 months. Can't wait to talk to you again on Mother's day.

2 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Has it seriously been a year?!!!! Can't believe it! I just love that kid!

Tana said...

I can't believe it has already been a year, but I miss him too. He is such a good kid and ALWAYS has a smile!