Monday, June 29, 2009

Tenney Reunion 2009

It has been a long week. It started with Father's Day. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad, and all the other amazing men in my life, but I had to speak in church, which is horrifying! To make matters worse, it was the day before our Tenney reunion began, so most of our family members had already arrived and couldn't pass up the opportunity to "support me." Our ward was packed. My mom and 2 of my sisters spoke as well. Complaining, I whined to my dad, who is our ward clerk, "Why do we have to speak on Father's day?"

He said, "Well, they asked the family of the best father in the ward to speak, they declined, so they asked you."
We all got a good laugh anyway. Well, I think it is a toss up between myself and my kids for the best father in the ward. I survived, and it was a good day.

This was just the beginning of a long, exhausting, but fun week. Moroni's family, literally from all over the world, came for the family reunion. All of his 13 siblings and most of their families were there. There were kids everywhere! The first time I met most of them was almost 6 years ago, when Moroni and I had just gotten married, at their reunion in Samoa. I can't believe how big all of the kids are now. They are all so talented. That part of the reunion ended Friday. Saturday was the Tenney Eleven reunion (Moroni's dad's siblings). We were in charge of a huge luau. There was lots of food, dancing, and getting reacquainted. I miss everyone already. It was so nice to spend time with everyone. I admit, I am a terrible dancer, which I didn't know until now. Thanks for everyone trying to tell me how good I am though!

3 comments:

Kaylee said...

Sounds great! Looks like the reunion was lots of fun!

Aunt Tiff said...

It was SO good to have ALL of the Bill Tenney family there and we are SO grateful they took care of the Saturday night entertainment. We will NEVER be able to top it...EVER!!!!

Amber & Glenn Lovelace said...

Dang Sherri! You are a little Hottie. I love your family pics. Did Becca do them? Post some more of them!